Anna B. Baumann
As of 2015
- Solo Attorney (Rechtsanwältin), specializing in esports
- PhD Researcher and Lecturer, Universität Bremen
- Legal Clerkship, Regional Court Frankenthal, Berlin (UNHCR), Beijing (GIZ) and Brussels (DG Competition)
- Legal studies/research projects on scholarships at University of Florence, University of Cambridge and University of Bologna
- Student research assistant to Prof. Dr. Peter-Christian Müller-Graff Institute of German and European Corporate and Business Law, Heidelberg
- Legal Assistant, Clifford Chance, Corporate Finance and Private Equity
- Legal Assistant, Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz, Mergers & Acquisitions and Competition Law
- European Law Institute
- German Social Law Association e.V.
- Bar Association Bremen
As avid gamer, I’ve always followed passionately the emergence and development of esports as an industry. From my early experience as a dressage rider, I also understand the competitive drive of a pro gamer. During esports’ initial development from local tournaments to full arenas and global leagues, I focused my legal studies on Corporate and Competition Law. Following an academic career path as lecturer in European Competition Law, I have built an excellent network of academics and practitioners across Europe in several fields of expertise.
Principally out of concern for player welfare, I began my practice by becoming involved with the League of Legends scene. Advocating player rights and best practices, I have a particular interest in the professionalization of the esports industry. The core of my work involves representing mainly players, giving advice in contract negotiations with teams, sponsors or talent agencies. My client portfolio also includes teams, casting talent, sponsors, investors and other industry participants.
My experience ranges from drafting player contracts to setting up corporate structures for start-ups. The needs of esports as a young entertainment industry are at the heart of my work. I want to make a difference, improving the overall industry infrastructure. I always enjoy finding innovative solutions for my client’s particular challenge.
“The LCS needs a grievance committee to review its rulings”
The Daily Dot, 16 February 2015